Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by rox <rc...@webfillers.com> on 2006/05/10 15:59:01 UTC

SMTP Problem

Hi Everyone,

I had james server setup and configured.  I can basically receive emails
through my pop server and I can send messages but only to local addresses.

I tried sending to my yahoo or google email account using outlook but it
does not reach the destination.  Any ideas why this could be happening to
me?

Is it possible that my port is blocked by my ISP? How would I know that my
port 25 is blocked by my ISP coz they claim that they are not blocking my
port 25.

Any help is appreciated,

-rocky

RE: SMTP Problem

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I can send messages but only to local addresses.

> Is it possible that my port is blocked by my ISP?

Did you configure DNS?  RemoteDelivery?  Gateway?  Are you running on a
static or dynamic IP?  If the latter, you will need to configure a gateway
because otherwise few systems will accept e-mail from you.

	--- Noel