Posted to user@roller.apache.org by m87carlson <m8...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/14 22:55:16 UTC

Roller 2.3 question: enabling user registration?

I just installed Roller 2.3 (first time installing, not an upgrade), I read
the FAQ's and the install guide and I still cannot register the admin
account. There is no Registration link on the /roller/ main page, and if I
manually go to http://24.6.211.196:8180/roller/user.do?method=registerUser
It says:
New User Registration
I'm sorry, but the administrator of this site has turned off new user
registrations.

I can't see what I've missed? is there some default admin login I should
know about or is there some config file where I can enable user
registration? It also seems all the tables in the database are empty, is
that normal for a fresh install or is it just not connecting the the mysql
database and I'm un-aware?

Thanks,
Mike C
Sent from the Roller - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Roller 2.3 question: enabling user registration?

Posted by Dustman <du...@gmail.com>.
Am also kinda new at roller but that could be a hibernate problem.

Clean up everything especially the database and just try installing again
and make sure you create a new user right away.

Posted by m87carlson <m8...@gmail.com>.

m87carlson wrote:

> I just installed Roller 2.3 (first time installing, not an upgrade), I
> read the FAQ's and the install guide and I still cannot register the admin
> account. There is no Registration link on the /roller/ main page, and if I
> manually go to http://24.6.211.196:8180/roller/user.do?method=registerUser
> It says:
> New User Registration
> I'm sorry, but the administrator of this site has turned off new user
> registrations.
>
> I can't see what I've missed? is there some default admin login I should
> know about or is there some config file where I can enable user
> registration? It also seems all the tables in the database are empty, is
> that normal for a fresh install or is it just not connecting the the mysql
> database and I'm un-aware?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike C

Sorry, my mistake. I was starting Tomcat up with FreeBSD's rc script, which
runs $CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.sh, but I had to run that script manually
for roller to finalize the database population.
Sent from the Roller - User forum at Nabble.com.