Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Rob Wilson <ne...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/09 17:38:37 UTC

Project 'B' to depend on Project 'A' ant build?

I have two separate projects and currently Project B uses files from
project A using relative paths, but if I update project A and forget
to build it, project B could fail.  The question is, can Ant have a
dependency on another ant script?   (I.e. not 'import'ing, but some
form of project dependency?)

Cheers,
Rob.

Re: Project 'B' to depend on Project 'A' ant build?

Posted by Dominique Devienne <dd...@gmail.com>.
On 11/9/07, Rob Wilson <ne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have two separate projects and currently Project B uses files from
> project A using relative paths, but if I update project A and forget
> to build it, project B could fail.  The question is, can Ant have a
> dependency on another ant script?   (I.e. not 'import'ing, but some
> form of project dependency?)

Nope. Typically you should setup the two projects separately, which
have project B *declare* it's dependency on project A in some
descriptor, and have a tool fetch a given version (or the latest
version) of A's build products. You do this with Ant + Ivy, or with
Maven. --DD