Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Ortwin Glück <od...@odi.ch> on 2006/04/17 11:50:56 UTC

Logo proposal

Dear fellows,

I have uploaded four variants of the proposed logo
for your consideration. Please post your opinion and
comments to this list. All artwork was created by
Regula Wernli.

http://people.apache.org/~oglueck/blue.png
http://people.apache.org/~oglueck/lblue.png
http://people.apache.org/~oglueck/red.png
http://people.apache.org/~oglueck/green.png

Ortwin Glück

Re: Logo proposal

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 22:08 -0600, Bindul Bhowmik wrote:
> On 4/19/06, Ortwin Glück <od...@odi.ch> wrote:
> > Feedback from non-committers is very much appreciated.
>
> I would say blue.
>
> <snip>
> On 4/18/06, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> > It appears we all agree to disagree. Tastes differ, don't they?
> >
> > How about that? We simply keep them all! We can put red one on the
> > HttpCore site, green one on the HttpAsync site, light blue on the
> > HttpComponents project site, and so on
> >
> > Oleg
> </snip>
>
> I like this idea too, but then we need to get a few more colors to
> cover all the components :-)

I do not see this as a problem. We can re-use the same color theme for
multiple (probably related) components. At some point we might ask
Regula to produce a few more logos based on different palettes just to
spice things up a little. I say four is better than one.

Oleg

Re: Logo proposal

Posted by Bindul Bhowmik <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Logo proposal

Posted by Ortwin Glück <od...@odi.ch>.
Feedback from non-committers is very much appreciated.

Re: Logo proposal

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 11:50 +0200, Ortwin Glück wrote:
> Dear fellows,
>
> I have uploaded four variants of the proposed logo
> for your consideration. Please post your opinion and
> comments to this list. All artwork was created by
> Regula Wernli.
>
> http://people.apache.org/~oglueck/red.png

I like this one best.

Oleg

Re: Logo proposal

Posted by IndianAtTech <in...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

I feel read is more attactive and will suit more as Jakarta project logo is
also red. But I see this image is some what nearing to pink. If it is red it
will be good.

Best Regards
Sudhakar Chavali

Re: Logo proposal

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 12:51 +0200, Ortwin Glück wrote:

> Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> > It appears we all agree to disagree. Tastes differ, don't they?
> >
> > How about that? We simply keep them all! We can put red one on the
> > HttpCore site, green one on the HttpAsync site, light blue on the
> > HttpComponents project site, and so on
> >
> > Oleg
>
> I have to oppose this unfortunately. The logo variants are meant as
> alternatives. They do not form a color palette to be used simultanously
> because the colors were not designed to match together. They work each
> indivually but not as a group.
>
> Either we decide on a single color or then a (sufficiently sized) color
> palette must be designed for this purpose.
>
> Anyway, everybody seems pleased with the actual design (not only the
> color). So I suggest we simply raise a public vote.

Go for it

Oleg

Re: Logo proposal

Posted by Ortwin Glück <od...@odi.ch>.