Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marten Lehmann <le...@cnm.de> on 2003/12/13 18:23:53 UTC

dbcp doesn't stacktrace

Hello,

to test dbcp's stacktrace functionality, I didn't close the databases
connection after use. But although I set the abondedTimeout to 60, the
connections are never returned, they are still open and I don't see a
stacktrace, too.

I used the following parameters, as from the howto:

             <parameter>
               <name>removeAbandoned</name>
               <value>true</value>
             </parameter>
             <parameter>
               <name>removeAbandonedTimeout</name>
               <value>60</value>
             </parameter>
             <parameter>
               <name>logAbandoned</name>
               <value>true</value>
             </parameter>

What could be wrong?

Regards
Marten

Re: dbcp doesn't stacktrace

Posted by Florian Ebeling <fe...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Marten,

Marten Lehmann wrote:
 > to test dbcp's stacktrace functionality, I didn't close the databases
 > connection after use. But although I set the abondedTimeout to 60, the
 > connections are never returned, they are still open and I don't see a
 > stacktrace, too.

You only get stack traces when you ultimaltly run out of connections, if
I remember well. Perhaps you should set max connextions attribute to a
low, test-only value to verify the correct behaviour.

Regards,

-Florian