Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Tobias Kiesling <ki...@informatik.uni-muenchen.de> on 2000/11/20 12:31:45 UTC

Processing embedded stylesheets

Hi all,

I know, this question should go to a Xalan-List, but there is no
xalan-users list available, so I chose to put it here.

I've got a problem processing a stylesheet embedded in an
xml-document. According to the XSLT-Standard this should work by
including a processing instruction referring to the
xsl:stylesheet-element in the same document by using a
fragment-identifier.
The PI would look something like this:
 <?xml-stylesheet href="#styler" type="text/xsl"?>

The target stylesheet-element looks like this:
 <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" id="styler" xmlns:xsl="...">

When I try to process the document, cocoon simply states, that it
couldn't find the stylesheet /usr/local/blah/#styler .
I tried the Tranformation with Xalan alone (not in the cocoon-process)
and the results were almost the same: Xalan stated, that it couldn't
find the Stylesheet.

Xalan claims to conform to the XSLT-Standard. Is this true (and I have
done something wrong) or isn't it possible to process embedded
stylesheets in the cocoon-publishing-process ?

Thanks for your answer,

Tobias