Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andy <ac...@yahoo.com> on 2000/12/21 11:38:27 UTC

Re: Comparing config files JServ=>Tomcat

Edilmar Alves wrote:

> JServ jserv.conf = Tomcat tomcat.conf ? or server.xml ?
> JServ jserv.properties = Tomcat tomcat.properties ? or server.xml ?
> JServ someservlet.properties = Tomcat what file ?

Well you can continue to use jserv.conf or you can switch to the new
mod_jk.  Read the online documentation for a more appropriate discussion
of the pros/cons.  (jakarta.tomcat.com).  I would supposed
jserv.properties would be most close to server.xml but there is no 1 for
1.  Again this is pretty nicely documented.  As you can also look at the
example webapp taht comes with it and how its set up.  You'd mostly put
classpath stuff inside your webapp's lib directory and global classpath
stuff in either the classpath or in tomcat/lib   (or symbolic links
...oh sorry not on windows)...  someservlet.properties is most closely
related to webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml.  Again this is well documented and
the examples webapp comes with a decent one.

-Andy