Posted to dev@giraph.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2012/10/23 01:28:45 UTC

Giraph 0.2.0

Hi!

As was discussed on GIRAPH-285 it seems to be right time
to think about the release. It seems like Avery has agreed
to be an official RM and I'm volunteering for an RM sidekick
role ;-)

My plan is pretty simple: I would like to start with JIRA triaging,
figure out which ones folks consider to be blockers for 0.2 and
then help Avery curate the release branch. I am also volunteering
to test RCs with Hadoop 2.0.2-alpha (as part of the Bigtop 0.5.0)
and also do some limited testing with Hadoop 1.1.0 and CDH3/4

If this sounds like a good plan, here's a couple of areas where
help would still be appreciated:
   * if you can test RCs with different versions of Hadoop -- please
      let me know. In fact, my most rigorous testing (to the extent
      it can be called that way) will be focused on Hadoop 2.0.2-alpha

   * JIRA triage -- we've got 17 issues tagged with 0.2
           http://s.apache.org/qH
      and 22 issues that are assigned to folks, but not to the
      0.2 release:
           http://s.apache.org/zE
      If you are an issue owner please let me know whether yours
      could be considered a blocker for 0.2

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Giraph 0.2.0

Posted by Doron Cohen <cd...@gmail.com>.
Hi, any chance to include GIRAPH-42 (so sent-messages counter > 0)?
Thanks, Doron

Re: Giraph 0.2.0

Posted by Avery Ching <ac...@apache.org>.

Re: Giraph 0.2.0

Posted by Eli Reisman <ap...@gmail.com>.
The object weight thing (I think GIRAPH-260) can be resolved as "won't fix"
for now, we ended up handling this issue a different way and can come back
to that idea later. At that point, the idea will be good but that
particular JIRA might not be up to date.

Hyunsik was handling the jenkins stuff for 263, that should be resolved one
way or another soon as well. There are a few more.

As far as a graph generator, we have GIRAPH-26 waiting on a change from
Colt math libraries to mahout's and it should be good to go. I was told it
worked well by the guy who wrote it, but he has been out of touch lately.

I will take another peek at the other outstanding issues when I have time
and hopefully can sit down and get a few resolved.

Thanks!
Eli

Re: Giraph 0.2.0

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Re: Giraph 0.2.0

Posted by Eli Reisman <ap...@gmail.com>.

Re: Giraph 0.2.0

Posted by Avery Ching <ac...@apache.org>.
Thanks for volunteering to do this Roman!  It would be a great help for
Giraph users.