Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk> on 2004/11/02 09:32:39 UTC

Re: latest Moin

Leszek Gawron wrote:

> Upayavira wrote:
>
>> Ralph Goers wrote:
>>
>>> Is it possible to have the site bar on the left?
>>>

>> :-)
>>
>> The option I found was for a theme called 'rightsidebar'. I have not
>> heard mention of a 'leftsidebar' theme, so, unless someone wants to
>> do some HTML coding, we're stuck with a right hand one!
>
> AFAIK there is a leftsidebar skin - but not in the distro. it can be
> downloaded from moin website.

Well, whether or not we go leftside or rightside, I've managed to
install Moin 1.2.4 onto an Apache server. Go to:

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon-test/

This is a Moin 1.2.4 installation, running off a copy of the main Wiki
site. There's more that needs to be done before we can upgrade, for
example ensuring we can still do notification mails and central
configurations for the whole wiki farm. Then, whether others like the
rightsidebar or not, we can configure it for our own wiki. So, this
shows that Moin 1.2.4 can work. Now I just need to see if it is a lot of
work or not. Hmm.

Regards, Upayavira

Re: latest Moin

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.

I think it should be possible. The menu of the JSPWiki at cocoondev.org
contained following entries

#  About
# People - the personal Wiki pages of various people in the Cocoon community
# CocoonCompetenceCenter
# Tutorials
# HowTos
# BestPractices
# Snippets
# ExampleApps
# FAQs - answers to Frequently Asked Questions
# Links - various links to off-site information about Cocoon
# UserGroups - existing and proposed
# OurWishlists - some enhancements that we would like
# CocoonDocsDrafts - get involved with improving the documentation
# SamplesRefactor - the Cocoon Samples local demo webapp has been re-organised
many times (please help to fix it)
# RT - various Random Thoughts
# PossibleApplications
# Events

It should be possible to reduce the number of items. Here a proposal:

# Community (People, Usergroups)
# Documentation (Tutorials, HowTos, Snippets, FAQs, Example Apps, Possible
   Applications)
# Links
# CocoonDocsDraft
# RT
# Events

--
Reinhard

Re: latest Moin

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Upayavira wrote:
>
>> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>

>>> Is the content of the right-side bar customizable so that we get our
>>> former menu back?
>>

>> What you mean you want a customisable right side bar? Not just a
>> right side bar? Fussy eh? ;-)
>>
>> More seriously, I believe there is a way to configure the options,
>> somewhere behind the scenes, but not via the wiki interface.
>
> Not sure if we speak of the same. What I want is the content of
> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/SiteNavigation in the menu. Without a
> menu that leads to all pages I have the sense of a big mess.

I'm afraid it doesn't offer that. We can add our own options to the
side-bar, but it won't be an editable wiki page. If we can come up with
a small number of relatively permanant links, we should be able to put
them on it.

What it does do is make the normal wiki navigation stuff easier to find
(search, etc).

Regards, Upayavira

Re: latest Moin

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.

Re: latest Moin

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.

Re: latest Moin

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
Upayavira wrote:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>
>> Upayavira wrote:

>>> :-)
>>>
>>> The option I found was for a theme called 'rightsidebar'. I have not
>>> heard mention of a 'leftsidebar' theme, so, unless someone wants to
>>> do some HTML coding, we're stuck with a right hand one!
>>

>> AFAIK there is a leftsidebar skin - but not in the distro. it can be
>> downloaded from moin website.
>

> Well, whether or not we go leftside or rightside, I've managed to
> install Moin 1.2.4 onto an Apache server. Go to:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon-test/
>
> This is a Moin 1.2.4 installation, running off a copy of the main Wiki
> site. There's more that needs to be done before we can upgrade, for
> example ensuring we can still do notification mails and central
> configurations for the whole wiki farm. Then, whether others like the
> rightsidebar or not, we can configure it for our own wiki. So, this
> shows that Moin 1.2.4 can work. Now I just need to see if it is a lot of
> work or not. Hmm.
>
> Regards, Upayavira

Coooool!

Re: latest Moin

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
On 2 Nov 2004, at 11:54, Upayavira wrote:

>>> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon-test/
>>

>> IOError[Errno 13] Permission denied:
>> '/www/wiki.apache.org/data/cocoon-test/data/user/
>> 1093422431.38.32457.trail'
>
> Try now.

+1, make the switch! :-P

	Pier

Re: latest Moin

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> On 2 Nov 2004, at 08:32, Upayavira wrote:

>>> AFAIK there is a leftsidebar skin - but not in the distro. it can
>>> be  downloaded from moin website.
>>

>> Well, whether or not we go leftside or rightside, I've managed to
>> install Moin 1.2.4 onto an Apache server. Go to:
>>
>> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon-test/
>

> IOError[Errno 13] Permission denied:
> '/www/wiki.apache.org/data/cocoon-test/data/user/
> 1093422431.38.32457.trail'

Try now.

I should have copied the data across maintaining file permissions, which
would have prevented that.

Upayavira

Re: latest Moin

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Re: latest Moin

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Leszek Gawron wrote:

> Upayavira wrote:
>
>> This is a Moin 1.2.4 installation, running off a copy of the main
>> Wiki site. There's more that needs to be done before we can upgrade,
>> for example ensuring we can still do notification mails and central
>> configurations for the whole wiki farm. Then, whether others like the
>> rightsidebar or not, we can configure it for our own wiki.
>
> It can be also configured in user preferences so it's up to user to
> decide which skin he/she likes best.

Yes, that too. We can have farm-wide settings, settings specific to our
own wiki, and user specific ones.

Upayavira

Re: latest Moin

Posted by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl>.