Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by cy...@almacenes-paris.cl on 2004/06/19 00:47:16 UTC

Help with the layout

Hi.
I'm just building the layout of my portal, but one of the requirements is
that the portal must have 3 columns. The first one is just an index of
contents (index of portlets), the second one is the content itself (the
portlet). Until here, with a Menu Pane the problem is solved. But, the
third column is a "utility column", in wich I must display the weather
portlet, a scrolling news portlet, and maybe others. I don't know how to
put this third column of portlets.

In this scenario, What could be the best way to accomplish the required
layout??

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Carlos.

how to put content within a frame?

Posted by Hans Wurst <ha...@yahoo.de>.
hello!

within some portlets iv've got long lists. how can i put 'em inside a frame
to keep the navigation-tabs and page header visible?

thank you!

Re: Help with the layout

Posted by cy...@almacenes-paris.cl.
This solve my problem, thank you very much!!

"Stijn de Witt" <St...@bergland-it.nl>
19-06-2004 05:39
Por favor, responda a
"Jetspeed Users List" <je...@jakarta.apache.org>

Para
"Jetspeed Users List" <je...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Asunto
Re: Help with the layout

Am I right in saying that the middle and right column are on the same
'page'? In that case, use a MenuController and on the menu pane set the
Layout to TwoColumns. This is easy to do with the customizer. Add a
MenuController, click Add Screen, Enter a name for the screen, press OK
(or
whatever). You now see your page in a list. Select it. You see a combobox
with Layout options. Select (a variation of) TwoColumns. You can now add
portlets and put them in any of the two columns. Try it out...

-Stijn

Re: Help with the layout

RE: Help with the layout

Posted by alex <ai...@cytechgroup.com>.
Carlos, just define a 3-column page. Then add whatever portlets you want to
each column - I don't think you have a problem...
Alex

I'm just building the layout of my portal, but one of the requirements is
that the portal must have 3 columns. The first one is just an index of
contents (index of portlets), the second one is the content itself (the
portlet). Until here, with a Menu Pane the problem is solved. But, the
third column is a "utility column", in wich I must display the weather
portlet, a scrolling news portlet, and maybe others. I don't know how to
put this third column of portlets.

In this scenario, What could be the best way to accomplish the required
layout??

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Carlos.