Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Stepan RYBAR <xr...@seznam.cz> on 2008/11/11 15:19:32 UTC

0.95: How to insert static text to the last page of sequence?

Hello!

I am using Apache FOP 0.95 and I have a problem how to insert some static text to the last page of page sequence. In case of multiple pages document, it works OK. But in case of single page document, FOP says, that the only one page is ANY page and not the LAST page. The same logic with the FIRST page works OK. I guess, that more specific (better matching) position should be taken as with the higher precedence. Can You help me, please? See attached FO with my problem. I also tried proposed solution from "http://services.renderx.com/lists/xep-support/3856.html", but it does not work me using FOP 0.95.

Thank You in advance, Stepan

Re: 0.95: How to insert static text to the last page of sequence?

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On 11 Nov 2008, at 15:19, Stepan RYBAR wrote:

Hi

> I am using Apache FOP 0.95 and I have a problem how to insert some
> static text to the last page of page sequence. In case of multiple
> pages document, it works OK. But in case of single page document,
> FOP says, that the only one page is ANY page and not the LAST page.
> The same logic with the FIRST page works OK. I guess, that more
> specific (better matching) position should be taken as with the
> higher precedence. Can You help me, please? See attached FO with my
> problem. I also tried proposed solution from "http://services.renderx.com/lists/xep-support/3856.html
> ", but it does not work me using FOP 0.95.

If it's a possibility for you, I know this to have been fixed in FOP
Trunk recently (also, support for XSL 1.1's page-position="only" has
been added)

see:

HTH!

Cheers

Andreas

Re: Can someone look at this, please?

Posted by Sheldon Glickler <sh...@thevillages.net>.
Andreas Delmelle wrote:
> On 11 Nov 2008, at 23:19, Sheldon Glickler wrote:
>
> Hi
>
>> David Gerdt wrote:
>>> The problem is in your XSL, so we'll need to see at least the
>>> relevant portions. You can also get help with XSL at
>>> http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/
>>>
>> Oops.  I thought I attached the cc.xsl.  I've attached it now.
>> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>> <xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
>> xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
>>
>> xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">
>>
>> <snip />
>> <xsl:template match="bus_summary">
>>  <fo:table table-layout="fixed" space-before="0pt" space-after="0pt" >
>>    <xsl:for-each select="sum_col_width">
>>      <fo:table-column column-width="{col_width}"/>
>>    </xsl:for-each>
>>    <fo:table-body >
>>      <fo:table-row  line-height="{linespace}">
>>        <xsl:for-each select="summary_item">
>
> I don't see any summary_item nodes in your source document... This may
> explain why you get no output for this template.
>
> HTH!

That was it!  In my original formulation there were "summary_item"s.
During the course of development, I realize that these were the same
kind of things as the "bu_item"s, so I used the bu_item but forgot to
change it in the xsl.  Thanks again.

Re: Can someone look at this, please?

Posted by Sheldon Glickler <sh...@thevillages.net>.
Andreas Delmelle wrote:
> On 11 Nov 2008, at 23:19, Sheldon Glickler wrote:
>
> Hi
>
>> David Gerdt wrote:
>>> The problem is in your XSL, so we'll need to see at least the
>>> relevant portions. You can also get help with XSL at
>>> http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/
>>>
>> Oops.  I thought I attached the cc.xsl.  I've attached it now.
>> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>> <xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
>> xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
>>
>> xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">
>>
>> <snip />
>> <xsl:template match="bus_summary">
>>  <fo:table table-layout="fixed" space-before="0pt" space-after="0pt" >
>>    <xsl:for-each select="sum_col_width">
>>      <fo:table-column column-width="{col_width}"/>
>>    </xsl:for-each>
>>    <fo:table-body >
>>      <fo:table-row  line-height="{linespace}">
>>        <xsl:for-each select="summary_item">
>
> I don't see any summary_item nodes in your source document... This may
> explain why you get no output for this template.
>
> HTH!

That would explain everything.  Thanks.

Re: Can someone look at this, please?

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.

Posted by Sheldon Glickler <sh...@thevillages.net>.

Posted by David Gerdt <Dg...@bju.edu>.

Posted by Stepan RYBAR <xr...@seznam.cz>.
Ehm, I want to add this static text to the precise position of the page (xsl-region after left="10pt" top="10pt"), not to the end of flow of xsl-region-body. It should be barcode of inserting machine. Stepan