Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Surya Suravarapu <ss...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/21 15:58:02 UTC

web.xml in Tomcat 4.0

I've observed that Tomcat is reading conf/web.xml in
version 4.0 unlike 3.2.

I have a web-inf/web.xml in my web application folder.
I have my servlet registered there and have a
URL-pattern mapped for it. But when I try to run the
application I am getting 404 File Not Found error.

Error message:
Apache Tomcat/4.0.2 - HTTP Status 404 - /main

Can some body please help me.

Thanks.
-Surya

Forwarding requests to other Services?

Posted by Scott Shorter <sh...@caradas.com>.
All,

I read in the API that the path to use as a parameter to
ServletRequest.getRequestDispatcher(String path) cannot extend beyond
the current context.  This is a problem, because I need to forward a
request to a servlet that listens on a different port, and hence is part
of a different service and different context.

Can someone recommend a solution?

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Re: web.xml in Tomcat 4.0 -- HELP

Posted by Surya Suravarapu <ss...@yahoo.com>.
No body replied to this yet .. I'd like to explain it
again and see if some body can help me.

I have a web application running perfectly fine with
Tomcat 3.2.1. When I upgrade to 4.0.2 I couldn't run
that.

After installing 4.0.2, I've added a servlet context
for my web application in
<CATALINA_HOME>/conf/server.xml
and registered my servlet (servlet name:
MainController) in WEBAPP/Web-Inf/web.xml. I've also
added a url-pattern for it.

After all that and restarting tomcat, I've tried to
access that servlet by localhost:8080/testwebapp/main
- I'm getting a response 404 error. The error is some
thing like this:

Apache Tomcat/4.0.2 - HTTP Status 404 - /main

type: Status report

message: /main

available.

What is that I'm missing? Can some body please help

-Surya