Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2011/04/19 18:07:55 UTC

Would being able to track the time a task was active?

Ok,

Maybe I'm missing something, but when I look at my jobs running, I see the job start time and then the end time of the specific task running.

Wouldn't it make sense to know the time it took for the task to run, rather than count from the launch of the job?
So if I have a task that has to wait for other tasks ahead of it in the queue to run, I'd like to see if the task took 20 mins to run like the others, rather than 2 hours and some minutes because the job had so many tasks and fair scheduler put some tasks on hold?

Just a thought.

-Mike