Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Guillaume Forget <gf...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/20 20:00:20 UTC

Sharing artifacts between multimodule project

Hello,
I'm not brand new to Maven but I'm still in the experience phase and I think
I'm missing something in my understanding of multi module projects and I'm
hoping can help me clarify it. So here is the issue I'm struggling with.

I already have a multimodule project containing 4 other artifacts (A1, A2,
A3, A4). These artifacts are linked by a simple dependency ( A1 <-- A2 <--
A3 <-- A4). Now I want to start a new multimodule project which will be very
similar to the previous project and I would like this new project to use the
artifacts A3 and A4. And this is where I'm stuck because I'm not sure what's
the best way to achieve this. Because ideally when I build either project, I
would like the 2 common artifacts to be built, when I run the reports, I
would like the reports to include the common artifacts' reports, ...

So my question is can I achieve what I want ? Or is there a layout I could
use which will get me close to that result ?

Thanks.

Guillaume