Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by markemark <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2011/04/01 16:33:52 UTC

Help Lucene Indexing category Path with '/' characters

Dear Lucene Users,

Help Please :-)

I am indexing a document which has a number of category paths

e.g.

/Top/My Prods/Book Prods/Text Books, /Maths/Books/TextBooks

i.e. category paths delimited by ,

I want to store this field, so the Analyser tokenizes the document only on
',' charaters and not on the '/' characters

How can I do this ?

Many thanks

Mark

RE: Help Lucene Indexing category Path with '/' characters

Posted by "Smiley, David W." <ds...@mitre.org>.
Hi Mark.
Technical questions about using Lucene go to the java user list:

To answer you're question; I think what you actually want to do is simply split the ',' delimited value yourself, then hand each in to Lucene as a separate value.  I'm suggesting this because what you have there are distinct *values*, and Analyzers work on a single value at a time, they don't make multiple values from one value.  It's semantics.  That said if you insist on the analyzer doing this then you could manage but I don't think it's what you actually want.

~ David Smiley