Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Michael Marshall <mm...@apache.org> on 2023/06/09 05:53:56 UTC

[DISCUSS] which versions are EOL?

Hi Pulsar Community,

I recently noticed this page on our website:
https://pulsar.apache.org/contribute/release-policy/#supported-versions

It shows that only 2.11 and 3.0 are active and security support.

I am guessing the timelines were taken from a strict reading of PIP
47. However, we haven't historically followed the EOL timelines for
PIP 47 strictly, so I want to check here.

For 2.8, I think we should declare it EOL or perform once last release.

For 2.9, I think we could do the same as 2.8, but I am not sure if
that would surprise users.

For 2.10, I think we should not consider it EOL.

Let me know what you think.

(Reminder: all feedback is welcome, especially from users!)

Thanks!
Michael

Re: [DISCUSS] which versions are EOL?

Posted by Michael Marshall <mm...@apache.org>.
I removed the "release/2.9.6" label from 50 PRs:

https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/20533
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/20513
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/20482
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/20416