Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/03 12:21:49 UTC

[VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0 M4 RC2

Please review/vote on the SCA 2.0 M4 release.

The distribution artifacts and maven staging repository are at:

http://people.apache.org/~antelder/tuscany/2.0-M4-RC2/

That includes the binary and source distributions, RAT reports, and
maven staging repository which also contains the artifacts for the
tuscany and bundle plugins which are also being included in this
release and the tags for which are below.

The tags for the release is at:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/tags/java/sca/2.0-M4-RC2/
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/maven-plugins/tags/maven-tuscany-plugin-2.0-M4/
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/maven-plugins/tags/maven-bundle-plugin-1.0.5/

I've noticed that three samples aren't included in the binary
distribution - the two dosgi-dynamic ones and helloworld-bpel. Can
decide what to do about that nearer the end of the vote, if you feel
strongly please indicate so with your vote.

(note its still uploading so if something you need like the maven repo
isnt there yet just wait an hour or two)

   ...ant

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0 M4 RC2

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Sure, I'll.

Thanks,
Raymond

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
I also note that there are some things in our source release that are
not in out binary release, for example,

samples/webapps/helloworld-rest
samples/webapps/helloworld-wicket

Not a blocker I guess but is it intentional?

Simon

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0 M4 RC2

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
The class is derived from Felix code base. I guess we can retain the same
header from [1].

Thanks,
Raymond

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
I'm in the middle of doing the headers that I mentioned earlier. Will
commit to 2.x 1st. We can copy to the branch from there.

Simon

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0 M4 RC2

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> The rest of the release is looking pretty good. I've been though most
> of the samples and build a couple of the sample webapps from the maven
> repo. Some more comments....
>
> Samples README
>  samples list doesn't match samples- In M5 I'd like to remove the
> sample list (as we struggle to
>    keep it up to date) and make the sample directory names more meaningful
>  ant run-classes target documented but we don't suport it
>  should add launcher instructions
>
> samples/dosgi-calculator & dosgi-calculator-operations
>  version of osgi referenced in README is out of date. Run commands as
> stated don't work
>
> samples/webapps
>   no instructions/README detailing how to build/use the webapps
>
> samples/webapps/helloworld
>   doesn't apparently do anything apart from load the composite
>
> samples/webapps/helloworld-servlet
>   seems to work but reports the following
>     INFO: ContextPath: /helloworld-servlet
>     HelloworldServlet reference injection failed, using ComponentContext
>

> Based on the header issues I'm -1. Would be good for us to fix at
> least the dosgi README issue also.
>
> Regards
>
> Simon

I'll respin an RC3 on Friday morning, so if you're likely to vote on
RC3 and haven't yet reviewed RC2 it would be great if you could before
Friday. I can fix the things like missing samples and license headers,
but for others please help by committing any fixes you want to trunk
before Friday.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
Ant, beat me to it. Thanks ant!

Simon

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0 M4 RC2

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
Ok, am going to copy the header changes into the branch then. I'll
post when I'm done.

Simon

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0 M4 RC2

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
The README files for dosgi-* samples are now fixed under
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=832959&view=rev.

Thanks,
Raymond

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
I've gone ahead and committed the file header changes to 2.x at
revision: 832839. Can some please review to make sure that I have it
rightt. If so we can copy over to the release branch.

Regards

Simon

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0 M4 RC2

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
They look good now.

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
I'll fix the README files for the dosgi-* samples.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
>From the RAT report there are some questionable headers, as follows...

Needs ASF header?
  samples/webapps/helloworld-stripes/src/main/resources/log4j.properties
  samples/webapps/helloworld-stripes/src/main/resources/StripesResources.properties
  modules/implementation-spring-sca/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/sca/implementation/spring/runtime/context/SCAGenericApplicationContext.java
  modules/node-impl-osgi/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/sca/osgi/remoteserviceadmin/EndpointListener.java
  modules/node-impl-osgi/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/sca/osgi/remoteserviceadmin/ExportRegistration.java
  modules/node-impl-osgi/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/sca/osgi/remoteserviceadmin/ImportRegistration.java
  modules/node-impl-osgi/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/sca/osgi/remoteserviceadmin/RemoteConstants.java
  modules/node-impl-osgi/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/sca/osgi/remoteserviceadmin/RemoteServiceAdmin.java
  modules/node-impl-osgi/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/sca/osgi/remoteserviceadmin/RemoteServiceAdminEvent.java
  modules/node-impl-osgi/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/sca/osgi/remoteserviceadmin/RemoteServiceAdminListener.java
  modules/sca-api/src/main/java/org/oasisopen/sca/Constants.java
  samples/webapps/helloworld-rest/src/main/java/helloworldrest/ClientJavaTestService.java
  samples/webapps/helloworld-rest/src/main/java/helloworldrest/ClientTestServiceWebapp.java
  samples/webapps/helloworld-rest/src/main/java/helloworldrest/HelloWorldService.java
  samples/webapps/helloworld-rest/src/main/java/helloworldrest/HelloWorldServiceImpl.java
  modules/extensibility/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/sca/extensibility/impl/LDAPFilter.java

Needs OASIS header?
  modules/assembly-xsd/src/main/resources/sca-policy-1.1-cd04.xsd

Needs OASIS header rather than OSOA header
  modules/sca-api/src/main/java/org/oasisopen/sca/ComponentContext.java
  modules/sca-api/src/main/java/org/oasisopen/sca/RequestContext.java
  modules/sca-api/src/main/java/org/oasisopen/sca/ServiceReference.java
  modules/sca-api/src/main/java/org/oasisopen/sca/ServiceRuntimeException.java
  modules/sca-api/src/main/java/org/oasisopen/sca/ServiceUnavailableException.java
  modules/sca-api/src/main/java/org/oasisopen/sca/annotation/AllowsPassByReference.java
  modules/sca-api/src/main/java/org/oasisopen/sca/annotation/Authentication.java
  modules/sca-api/src/main/java/org/oasisopen/sca/annotation/Callback.java
  modules/sca-api/src/main/java/org/oasisopen/sca/annotation/ComponentName.java
  modules/sca-api/src/main/java/org/oasisopen/sca/annotation/Confidentiality.java
  modules/sca-api/src/main/java/org/oasisopen/sca/annotation/Constructor.java
  modules/sca-api/src/main/java/org/oasisopen/sca/annotation/Context.java
  modules/sca-api/src/main/java/org/oasisopen/sca/annotation/Destroy.java
  modules/sca-api/src/main/java/org/oasisopen/sca/annotation/EagerInit.java
  modules/sca-api/src/main/java/org/oasisopen/sca/annotation/Init.java
  modules/sca-api/src/main/java/org/oasisopen/sca/annotation/Integrity.java
  modules/sca-api/src/main/java/org/oasisopen/sca/annotation/Intent.java
  modules/sca-api/src/main/java/org/oasisopen/sca/annotation/OneWay.java
  modules/sca-api/src/main/java/org/oasisopen/sca/annotation/PolicySets.java
  modules/sca-api/src/main/java/org/oasisopen/sca/annotation/Qualifier.java
  modules/sca-api/src/main/java/org/oasisopen/sca/annotation/Reference.java
  modules/sca-api/src/main/java/org/oasisopen/sca/annotation/Remotable.java
  modules/sca-api/src/main/java/org/oasisopen/sca/annotation/Requires.java
  modules/sca-api/src/main/java/org/oasisopen/sca/annotation/Scope.java

We also need to do a sweep of module NOTICE/LICENSE files, for
example, the sca-api files only reference OSOA license

Moving on to look at the distro itself. Will post soon on that.

Simon

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0 M4 RC2

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the release if the two dosgi-dynamic samples are included.

I have tested the distribution for samples including OSGi integrations,
distributed OSGi samples and tuscany.war. All of them are good. The build
from the tags is successful too.

Thanks,
Raymond