Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Alexander Kolbasov <ak...@cloudera.com> on 2017/10/31 00:41:10 UTC

Client compatibility for MetaStoreFilterHook

Looking at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-9350 (Add ability for
HiveAuthorizer implementations to filter out results of 'show tables',
'show databases') I see that it changed methods of MetaStoreFilterHook to
throw exceptions which id didn't throw before. This means that any clients
using it require recompilation (and potential code changes to handle
exceptions) which is a compatibility issue. This was done in 1.2.0 - IN am
wondering how such compatibility issues were handled in Hive 1 and Hive 2
branches?

Thanks for clarification,

- Alex

Re: Client compatibility for MetaStoreFilterHook

Posted by Thejas Nair <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,
Sorry about the delay in responding. I have replied in the jira.

Thanks,
Thejas