Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by "Drapal, Myron E (Myron)" <dr...@avaya.com> on 2005/02/08 00:25:14 UTC

MSVC build files not available in CVS

I noticed that the .dsp/.vcproj files have been removed from the CVS
tree.  Is there any intent to replace these with the updated versions

(or include new build instructions in the INSTALL file for those of us
who do not use Ant as our build environment)?

Myron Drapal

drapal@avaya.com

(303) 538-3513

Re: MSVC build files not available in CVS

Posted by ms...@ev1.net.
At 15:25 2005-02-07, Drapal, Myron E \(Myron\) wrote:
>I noticed that the .dsp/.vcproj files have been removed from the CVS
>tree.  Is there any intent to replace these with the updated versions
>(or include new build instructions in the INSTALL file for those of us who
>do not use Ant as our build environment)?

check this post:

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org&msgNo=509

Re: MSVC build files not available in CVS

Posted by maryline royer <ma...@alcatel.fr>.
the attached dll.dsp is up to date compared with the cvs linux Makefile.

Re: MSVC build files not available in CVS

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
The intent was that IDE project files of any flavor would be products
of the Ant script.  Since they are generated files, they shouldn't be
in the CVS but generated during the build process.

It is probably desirable to include Visual Studio 6 project files
within the distributions, however we would need to figure out how to
adapt the log4cxx project file to reflect the locations of the APR
project files, bundle the APR distributions or require the user to
download and untar the APR distributions at the expected location.