Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Calello, Marc" <MC...@CSXWT.com> on 2002/01/08 21:04:02 UTC

Testing Local Interfaces

Has anyone been able to successfully test against local interfaces?  I may
be experiencing
container-specific issues, we are using Borland Enterprise Server 5.0.

I am able to lookup remote interfaces but we get the NameNotFoundException
when looking up local interfaces.

Marc T. Calello

RE: Testing Local Interfaces

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Marc,

Yes, I have been able to test local interfaces with Cactus on WebLogic
6.1. There should be no difference from the point of view of your test
cases whether you test for local interfaces or remote interfaces.
However, you do need to set them correctly in the various deployment
files (web.xml, web logic.xml - whatever it is on Borland. It is the
mapping of external JNDI names to internal representation - + EJB
deployment files).

NameNotFoundException seems to that the proprietary JNDI mapping file is
either not there or not well configured (for weblogic, it is the
weblogic.xml file that you put in your WEB-INF directory, next to
web.xml - again, that's for weblogic).

It seems to me this issue has more to do with calling local interfaces
from a servlet environment than really cactus. Do you already have a
servlet from which you call your local interfaces ? If so, then you must
use exactly the same for any cactus test.

Thanks
-Vincent