Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2013/07/07 08:40:57 UTC

Freemarker 2.3.20 is released

Current situation: in OFBiz we are currently using/distributing a patched version of Freemarker 2.3.19; the patch version addresses the bugs reported below.

News: the new version of Freemarker (2.3.20) has been finally released and it is available for download:

http://freemarker.org/docs/versions_2_3_20.html

Good News: the deadlock issue that was affecting OFBiz (under special conditions) that we have reported and helped to fix, has been resolved:

http://sourceforge.net/p/freemarker/bugs/361/

Bad News: the "Wrong overloaded method" issue, for which Adam Heat submitted a patch to the Freemarker community and patched the 2.3.19 release we are using, was not resolved in this release:

http://sourceforge.net/p/freemarker/bugs/363/

Adam, could you please check this comment from Daniel and possibly follow up with him?

http://sourceforge.net/p/freemarker/bugs/363/?limit=10&page=1#bb98

"I'm looking into the overloaded method related parts (I don't mean the patch) and... there are other issues as well. Certainly I will have to *try* redesign/rewrite this stuff pretty much (it's tricky because of FM object wrapping), and of course, I will have to add switch where you can chose between old and the new implementation, globally or per template. Now this 100% won't be finished in two days, so I guess 2.3.20 will be release without this, but then I continue working on this, and release 2.3.21 when this and some other smaller things are done..."

Thanks,

Jacopo

Re: Freemarker 2.3.20 is released

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.