Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Charlie Hubbard <ch...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/05 03:14:12 UTC

Dropping columns casues auto_increment field to get lost

Hi,

I have a DB that I've been updating over time, and I've run into what
appears to be a bug.  Not totally sure though.  After running this
script Messages.ID table looses it's auto incrementing column after
running the script to completion.  If you comment out the last three
alter table statements the column's auto increment feature is not
lost.

I'm running DB 10.3.1000004.561794

Any ideas  what's causing this problem?

Charlie

Re: Dropping columns casues auto_increment field to get lost

Posted by "Dag H. Wanvik" <Da...@Sun.COM>.
Please follow the progress on

Dag

Re: Dropping columns casues auto_increment field to get lost

Posted by Charlie Hubbard <ch...@gmail.com>.
Any idea if I could get a patch for this problem?  Or at least a work
around to fix the DB that has been corrupted by this?  Would you
release a new version of 10.3 since this was a bug that was supposed
to be fixed by 10.3?

thanks
Charlie

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.