Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Molconn Administrator <mo...@molconn.com> on 2008/04/23 23:13:55 UTC

Using pseudo-distributed operation on multiple core CPU

Hello to the Hadoop Core development group,

I am interested as to weather or not I could use Hadoop in the
pseudo-distributed mode to launch multiple client processes on all cores
of a multi-core processor and then re-assemble the results.

Map-reduce is probably overkill for this kind of thing, but I have very
limited engineering resources and can't really start from scratch with
pipes or sockets or an MPI implementation.  If Hadoop can be configured
to do this out of the box, that would be very useful.  I am also dumping
my results into a Java database (H2), so it would be nice to keep the
entire application in Java.

I would greatly appreciate any information that could be provided.

Mark

LMH_medchemist