Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by paulhr <pa...@orthogroup.holdings> on 2016/05/16 11:56:38 UTC

http://myhost:8080/tomee give "HTTP Status 404 -" error

Server Fedora 23
Workstation Windows 7
TomEE-plume 1.7.4

The directory "/opt/tomee-plume/webapps/" has "docs", "manager",
"host-manager" and "ROOT" but no "tomee".

I looked at the compressed file xxx and xxxx and the both have an not
"tomee" under "webapps".

Reading some forum threads I get the idea that "tomee" is generated
dynamically and that there should be no "tomee" directory.  Is my
understanding correct?

But whatever method is used to serve up the page " http://myhost:8080/tomee
" is not working.

A browser on a workstation within the same network that is pointed to
http://myhost:8080/tomee gives...

	HTTP Status 404 -

	type Status report

	message

	description The requested resource is not available.
	Apache Tomcat (TomEE)/7.0.68 (1.7.4)

What  this <https://tomee.apache.org/tomee-webapp.html>   page in the
documentation does not seem to cover my issue.

No errors in the cataline.out log.

What/Where else do I need to check?

Re: http://myhost:8080/tomee give "HTTP Status 404 -" error

Posted by Christoph Nenning <Ch...@lex-com.net>.
> > My understanding is that tomee-webaccess (webapps/tomee) is a admin
> > console of sorts for TomEE.  Why would it not be included by default?
> > must be misunderstanding something.
> >

> It is kind of but it doesn't provide much feature for administration,
> mainly a port of the old webapp for the setup of a tomee instance from
> tomcat. Today since tomee is a packaged tomcat and you don't need to do
it
> yourself the usefulness of that is smaller so we decided to remove it.
>
> We can also ask you: even if it would be an admin GUI: why would it be
> there by default? Most of people use scripts or provisioning tools to
setup
> tomee so GUI are just noise and additional setup to do. Personally I
like
> having it an option even if then tomee is less shining but it matches
more
> real life IMO.

+1

I like it that way, too

Regards,
Christoph

Re: http://myhost:8080/tomee give "HTTP Status 404 -" error

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
/manager is not under tomee responsability but tomcat one. There is no
"hidden" webapp yet in tomcat and not sure hacking default manager webapp
brings much on tomee/tomcat integration layer - surely something to think
more ;).

Why it is nice/important to have it there when using /manager: you can
pause/stop/restart the webapp from the GUI (or JMX) even if not physically
there.

Side note: if you put a real physical /tomee in webapps then this auto
webapp is not deployed and you handle it as a normal webapp.

Posted by paulhr <pa...@orthogroup.holdings>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by paulhr <pa...@orthogroup.holdings>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.