Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de> on 2015/08/26 21:03:11 UTC

Test failures in REEF.NET

Hi,

while reviewing pull requests this morning, I realized that several
tests fail in `master` on the .NET side.

The following ones fail with the same exception:

O.A.R.Tang.Tests.Format.TestConfigurationModule.SmokeTestConfig
O.A.R.Evaluator.Tests.EvaluatorConfigurationsTests.TestEvaluatorConfigurationFile
O.A.R.REEF.Evaluator.Tests.EvaluatorConfigurationsTests.TestEvaluatorConfigurations
O.A.R.Evaluator.Tests.EvaluatorTests.CanInjectAndExecuteTask

The exception is:

> System.ApplicationException: Cannot deserialize the file:
> Evaluator.conf --->
> System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Synchronization
> marker defined in the header does not match the read one.

Two more tests fail with a different error message:

Org.Apache.REEF.Tang.Tests.ClassHierarchy.TestClassHierarchyRoundTrip.TestInt

and

Org.Apache.REEF.Tang.Tests.ClassHierarchy.TestClassHierarchyRoundTrip.TestNamedRepeatConstructorArgClasses

fail with:

> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an
> instance of an object.

Am I the only one seeing these failures?

Thanks,

Markus

RE: Test failures in REEF.NET

Posted by "Julia Wang (QIUHE)" <Qi...@microsoft.com>.
I got test failure after clean build. Somehow the evaluator.conf file was not updated. I have created a Jira REEF-652 and submitted the PR.

Thanks,
Julia

Re: Test failures in REEF.NET

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.

RE: Test failures in REEF.NET

Posted by "Julia Wang (QIUHE)" <Qi...@microsoft.com>.

Re: Test failures in REEF.NET

Posted by Andrew Chung <af...@gmail.com>.

Re: Test failures in REEF.NET

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.

Re: Test failures in REEF.NET

Posted by Andrew Chung <af...@gmail.com>.
I have tried it, but the problem seems to persist. I've reverted the
commits, cleaning the folders each time, and it would appear that REEF-620
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/REEF-620> was the delta that caused
the failure. Julia, would you happen to have a quick solution to fix?

Thanks,
Andrew

RE: Test failures in REEF.NET

Posted by "Julia Wang (QIUHE)" <Qi...@microsoft.com>.