Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net> on 2007/01/02 01:18:24 UTC

Re: localhost bypass? (spamass-milter)

Thomas S. Crum wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-01-01 at 17:17 -0500, Matt Kettler wrote:
>
>> To do that, you have to configure your tools to not call SA at all for
>> such messages.
>>

> I see.
>

>> What kind of setup are you using to call SA?
>>

> I am new to sa.  Does spamd sound correct? Maybe spamass-milter? I
> followed a howto and ended up with those in my rc.conf.

That is the tool that's calling SA, thus that's the tool that would have
to bypass SA.. Unfortunately, I know very little about this tool myself.

Hopefully someone else can jump in and help here.

Re: localhost bypass? (spamass-milter) SUCCESS

Posted by "Thomas S. Crum" <ts...@aaawebsolution.com>.
Matt, thank you for pointing me away from sa and into the tools.

It turns out spamass-milter is where I needed to fix it... here is what
I did for my system... FreeBSD 5.3

I added the following to /etc/rc.conf

spamass_milter_flags="-f -p ${spamass_milter_socket} -i 127.0.0.1"

Then I restarted spamass-milter with:
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/spamass-milter.sh restart

Now mail from localhost no longer goes through sa. Hooray.