Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by MAMERI Jamal - externe <ja...@enedis.fr> on 2021/09/16 08:19:18 UTC

Use Beeline for Hive on Apache Kylin 4.0.0 ?

Hello,

I hope my email finds you well.

I have installed the Apache Kylin 4.0.0 version.

I want to use Beeline as Hive client but the following properties aren't existing in the file : KYLIN_HOME/conf/kylin.properties :

## Hive client, valid value [cli, beeline]
kylin.source.hive.client=beeline
#
## Absolute path to beeline shell, can be set to spark beeline instead of the default hive beeline on PATH
kylin.source.hive.beeline-shell=/apache/hive/bin/beeline
#
## Parameters for beeline client, only necessary if hive client is beeline
kylin.source.hive.beeline-params=

Is it just an oversight?
Can we use the Beeline client for Hive with the new version 4.0.0 ?
Or only Hive client (cli) is available for this version ?

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Jamal Mameri

Re: Use Beeline for Hive on Apache Kylin 4.0.0 ?

Posted by Yaqian Zhang <Ya...@126.com>.
Hi:

Kylin4 use spark engine to build cube, and spark application are submitted through spark-submit, which has nothing to do with hive cli or beeline..

Therefore, this configuration of  “kylin.source.hive.client"  has no effect in kylin 4.