Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com> on 2007/06/06 16:22:24 UTC

Re: New consolidated zero-config/codebehind/component plugin

Ted Husted wrote:
> On 5/30/07, Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> wrote:
>> At this point, we have three Confluence spaces going
>
> ... and the S2 Documentation wiki (WW) is the only one that requires a
> CLA on file.

I put up the SmartURLs plugin on the plugin registry and I'm hoping to
get the documentation started soon. The latest working version is in
SubVersion over at google code (http://code.google.com/p/smarturls-s2)
and the JavaDoc is available over there as well. If anyone has comments,
feedback, bugs, enhancements, let me know. And if we still want to move
this sucker into core, I'm down with that.

-bp

Re: Error Tiles Integration

Posted by animesh saxena <an...@gmail.com>.
Ya, it was a silly mistake. Forgot to add the listener tag for tiles in
web.xml :(.

I guess nobody will repeat that mistake, usually happens in a hurry!

Animesh

Re: Error Tiles Integration

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>.
It is usable with any version of 2.0. The JAXB stuff is to parse out XML
files from the classpath called component.xml. These files allow
SmartURLs to handle actions and results (usually FreeMarker or Velocity)
bundled inside JARs in WEB-INF/lib. The XML looks like:

<component name="foo">
  <action_package>com.example.component.news.action</action_package>

<base_result_location>/WEB-INF/component/news/content</base_result_location>
</component>

I should be pretty simple to migrate from JAXB to SAX or DOM. Other than
that, everything is working fine, just still haven't had time to
document it well and get it out into the community.

-bp

Posted by Vinny <xa...@gmail.com>.

Ghetto Java: http://www.streetprogrammer.com

Error Tiles Integration

Posted by animesh saxena <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
   I am facing the same old tiles issue. I am using struts2.0.8 and
tiles 2.0.3. Still I am getting this stack trace

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException
	org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(Dispatcher.java:515)
	org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.java:419)
	org.netbeans.modules.web.monitor.server.MonitorFilter.doFilter(MonitorFilter.java:368)

root cause

java.lang.NullPointerException
	org.apache.struts2.views.tiles.TilesResult.doExecute(TilesResult.java:104)
	org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.StrutsResultSupport.execute(StrutsResultSupport.java:178)
	com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.executeResult(DefaultActionInvocation.java:348)
	com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:253)
	com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.doIntercept(DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.java:221)

Checked the jar files also for version issues. Not sure why this is happening??

Any Solutions??

Animesh

Re: New consolidated zero-config/codebehind/component plugin

Posted by Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.