Posted to users@felix.apache.org by james96 <fi...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/01 17:39:34 UTC

How to use file install with apache felix

Hi all,

I have created a managed service in which there is a configurable property
called /message/. When the property is null i print /null service/ and when
it is set i print /configured service with message/. I have installed all
the bundle that i needs (configuration admin bundle, fileinstall bundle) But
i have a big problem. Infact I can't get the value of the property that is
save on a .cfg file. The fileInstall bundle not seems poll the directory and
so my managed service doesn't receive any property. I have followed the
apache felix documentation but i didn't managed to configure fileinstall. Do
you know how to configure fileinstall or some tutorials that explain it?
(Remenber that i use apache felix not apache karaf or equinox)

Re: How to use file install with apache felix

Posted by james96 <fi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. I have only one question for you. I have installed the bundle
fileinstall, which i have downloaded from the apache felix website, and i
have copy it into the folder bundle of the felix framework (also downloaded
from apache felix website). Then i have created the folder deploy and from
the terminal i execute the command java -Dfelix.fileinstall.dir=./deploy
-jar bin/felix.jar. What i have to do for running my bundle now? And for let
fileinstall to reag the myfile.bndrun? Thank you

Re: How to use file install with apache felix

Posted by Frank Langel <fr...@frankjlangel.com>.
Meant launch.bndrun or whatever you named the bndrun file you use

Posted by Frank Langel <fr...@frankjlangel.com>.
In your bnd.bndrun file

-runproperties: \
	felix.fileinstall.dir=./etc,\
	felix.fileinstall.filter=.*\.cfg,\
	felix.fileinstall.poll=1000

And make sure that your config file is saved in the generated jar file
under the ./etc directory.

Therefore, you need to include your local etc directory from the project
into the jar file via the resource directiveŠ

Posted by james96 <fi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frank Langel <fr...@frankjlangel.com>.
James, some code sample would help here, but it sounds you didn¹t set
runproperties correctly.

felix.fileinstall.dir=./etc,\
	felix.fileinstall.filter=.*\.cfg,\
	felix.fileinstall.poll=1000