Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by 徐 广云 <gy...@hotmail.com> on 2020/04/16 11:18:14 UTC

Client Crashes

Hello there

I have two doubts that I am not exactly sure about them. Can anyone please help me ?

  1.  A producer client sends a ProduceRequest to the cluster, but crashes right after the leader replica has sent out the ProduceResponse, then restart the producer and resend the message would lead to duplicates.
  2.  A consumer client sends a CommitRequest to the cluster, but crashes right after the leader replica has sent out the CommitResponse, then the message would get lost.

Am I correct?

Best regards,
Guangyun