Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jan Eden <li...@janeden.org> on 2005/03/23 18:03:22 UTC

[users@httpd] Virtual Host warning

Hi,

I have this

NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
    ServerName someservername
</VirtualHost>

but get a warning:

[Wed Mar 23 18:02:31 2005] [warn] NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1:0 has no VirtualHosts

Why is that? The VirtualHost and the NameVirtualHost are in sync - this should be correct.

Or am I wrong?

Thanks,

Jan
--
If all else fails read the instructions. - Donald Knuth

Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Host warning

Posted by Jan Eden <li...@janeden.org>.
Joshua Slive wrote on 23.03.2005:

>On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:03:22 +0100, Jan Eden <li...@janeden.org>
>wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>I have this
>>
>>NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1
>>
>><VirtualHost 127.0.0.1> ServerName someservername </VirtualHost>
>>
>>but get a warning:
>>
>>[Wed Mar 23 18:02:31 2005] [warn] NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1:0 has no
>>VirtualHosts
>>
>>Why is that? The VirtualHost and the NameVirtualHost are in sync -
>>this should be correct.
>
>Try tagging :80 onto the end of both.

Hi Joshua,

thanks, I had already tried that (sorry for not mentioning it), with the same result:

[Thu Mar 24 09:01:08 2005] [warn] NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80 has no VirtualHosts

Using * for both directives removes the warning, but I'd rather use a specific IP on the production system.

In case it makes a difference: The VirtualHost directives only contain different server names - the CGI script behind the scenes decides which content to deliver based on the hostname. I use Apache 2.0.53.

Thanks again for your help,

Jan
--
The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is the day they start selling vacuum cleaners.

Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Host warning

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:03:22 +0100, Jan Eden <li...@janeden.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have this
>
> NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1
>
> <VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
>     ServerName someservername
> </VirtualHost>
>
> but get a warning:
>
> [Wed Mar 23 18:02:31 2005] [warn] NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1:0 has no VirtualHosts
>
> Why is that? The VirtualHost and the NameVirtualHost are in sync - this should be correct.

Try tagging :80 onto the end of both.

Joshua.