Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by #MAGGY ANASTASIA SURYANTO# <MA...@ntu.edu.sg> on 2007/07/02 15:09:14 UTC

Lucene scoring

Hi all,

I understand that Lucene use vector space model retrieval that supports boolean queries (so, it is not exactly boolean). I have "Lucene in Action" book where it mentions the scoring function for documents w.r.t a query. However, it doesn't specificly mention how the scoring function is affected by operator "AND", "OR". Can anyone please share how does lucene actualy score documents w.r.t boolean query that has AND and OR operators inside, e.g: (t1 or t2 or t3) and (t4 or t5 or t6) and ....

additionally can you please also let me know what's the impact of using "required" option in the boolean query on the scoring function.
e.g. +(t1 or t2 or t3)  or (t4 or t5 or t6)

I would be very thankful if you can point me some readings or source where I can find more details on Lucene scoring functions

thanks in advance

regards

maggy