Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Rodney Green <ro...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/28 19:42:01 UTC

bayes db - export/import

Hello,

I'm setting up a temporary mail server so I can do some work on the
regular production machine, without interrupting service.

I'd like to copy the bayes db to the temporary mail server so it can
continue to be used and continue learning.

Will I need to do some special export/import procedure or will I be
able to just copy the db files into the directory, set permissions and
be good to go?

Thanks,
Rod

--
Get Firefox Web Browser at the link below! You won't regret it!
http://tinyurl.com/4cqbv

Re: bayes db - export/import

Posted by Rodney Green <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:48:32 -0800, Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> wrote:

> Rodney Green writes:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm setting up a temporary mail server so I can do some work on the
> > regular production machine, without interrupting service.
> >
> > I'd like to copy the bayes db to the temporary mail server so it can
> > continue to be used and continue learning.
> >
> > Will I need to do some special export/import procedure or will I be
> > able to just copy the db files into the directory, set permissions and
> > be good to go?
>
> If it's the same architecture, and the same OS release, you can
> probably just copy.   For safety I'd recommend using sa-learn --backup
> and --restore.

Thanks Justin. I'll use sa-learn --backup and --restore.

Rod