Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ma...@ubs.com on 2005/09/15 19:16:28 UTC

[m2] problems compiled m2-snapshot

Hi,

Got a problem building m2-snapshot. I think it has to do with being
behind a corporate firewall - reason being it works fine when I do it
from home.

I've setup my proxy details in settings.xml, and building other m2
projects works fine, downloading artifacts from the remote repositories
as necessary.

Here's a build log:

Updated to revision 289260.

C:\temp\maven-components>m2-bootstrap-all.bat
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
        1 file(s) copied.
You SHOULD have a ~/.m2/settings.xml file and must contain at least the
following information:

<settings>
  <localRepository>/path/to/your/repository</localRepository>
</settings>

Alternatively, you can specify -Dmaven.repo.local=/path/to/m2/repository

HOWEVER, since you did not specify a repository path, maven will use:
C:\Documents and Settings\smallema\.m2\repository to store artifacts
locally.
Maven installation directory: c:\program files\maven2
Using the following for your local repository: C:\Documents and
Settings\smallema\.m2\repository
Using the following for your remote repository:
[http://repo1.maven.org/maven2,
http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2/]
Installing POM: C:\Documents and
Settings\smallema\.m2\repository\org\apache\maven\maven\2.0-beta-1\maven
-2.0-beta-1.pom
Installing POM: C:\Documents and
Settings\smallema\.m2\repository\org\apache\maven\plugins\maven-plugin-p
arent\2.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT\maven-plugin-parent-2.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT.pom
Installing POM: C:\Documents and
Settings\smallema\.m2\repository\org\apache\maven\maven-plugin-tools\2.0
-beta-1-SNAPSHOT\maven-plugin-tools-2.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT.pom
Installing POM: C:\Documents and
Settings\smallema\.m2\repository\org\apache\maven\maven-script\2.0-beta-
1-SNAPSHOT\maven-script-2.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT.pom
Installing POM: C:\Documents and
Settings\smallema\.m2\repository\org\apache\maven\reporting\maven-report
ing\2.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT\maven-reporting-2.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT.pom
Downloading
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/modello/modello-plugin-xpp3/1
.0-alpha-4/modello-plugin-xpp3-1.0-alpha-4.pom
Couldn't find POM - ignoring: repo1.maven.org
Downloading
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/modello/modello-plugin-xpp3/1
.0-alpha-4/modello-plugin-xpp3-1.0-alpha-4.jar
Error retrieving artifact from
[http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/modello/modello-plugin-xpp3/
1.0-alpha-4/modello-plugin-xpp3-1.0-alpha-4.jar]:
java.net.UnknownHostException: repo1.maven.org
Error reading POM: C:\temp\maven-components\maven-mboot2\pom.xml
Exception in thread "main" download.DownloadFailedException: Failed to
download org.codehaus.modello:modello-plugin-xpp3:1.0-alpha-4:jar
        at model.ModelReader.retrievePom(ModelReader.java:493)
        at model.ModelReader.resolveDependencies(ModelReader.java:412)
        at model.ModelReader.endElement(ModelReader.java:384)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(
AbstractSAXParser.java:633)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.s
canEndElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1241)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$F
ragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:16
85)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.s
canDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:368)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML1
1Configuration.java:834)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML1
1Configuration.java:764)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.jav
a:148)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Abstr
actSAXParser.java:1242)
        at util.AbstractReader.parse(AbstractReader.java:63)
        at MBoot.run(MBoot.java:308)
        at MBoot.main(MBoot.java:119)
ECHO is off.
Rebuilding maven2 plugins
Unable to parse command line options: Unrecognized option:
--no-plugin-registry

usage: maven [options] [goal [goal2 [goal3] ...]]

 - ,--no-plugin-updates       Suppress upToDate check for any relevant
                              registered plugins
 -B,--batch-mode              Run in non-interactive (batch) mode
 -C,--strict-checksums        Fail the build if checksums don't match
 -D,--define arg              Define a system property
 -N,--non-recursive           Do not recurse into sub-projects
 -P,--activate-profiles arg   Comma-delimited list of profiles to
activate
 -U,--update-snapshots        Update all snapshots regardless of
repository
                              policies
 -X,--debug                   Produce execution debug output
 -c,--lax-checksums           Warn if checksums don't match
 -e,--errors                  Produce execution error messages
 -h,--help                    Display help information
 -o,--offline                 Work offline
 -r,--reactor                 Execute goals for project found in the
reactor
 -v,--version                 Display version information
ECHO is off.
Running integration tests
org/apache/maven/it/Verifier
C:\temp\maven-components>

Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com

related financial instruments.

Re: [m2] problems compiled m2-snapshot

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 matthew.smalley@ubs.com wrote:

Hi,

> java.net.UnknownHostException: repo1.maven.org

It looks as though your DNS might not be able to resolve repo1.maven.org.
Which probably means your proxy isn't setup right..

Can you paste your settings.xml? And can you browse to
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ from the same machine as you are building
m2 on?

-- Kenney

--