Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Chris Dawson <xr...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/03 19:24:47 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_rewrite and proxy balancer to non-root path

I am attempting to take this URL:

http://foobar.com/path

and rewrite it to balance on a balancer server.  I have a rewrite rule like
this:

RewriteRule ^/path(.*)$ balancer://path_balancer%{REQUEST_URI} [P,QSA,L]

I then have a balancer setup like this:

<Proxy balancer://path_balancer>
  BalancerMember http://192.168.2.77:8001
</Proxy>

Of course, I do plan to have more balancer members long term, but for now I
am trying to restrict my variables as I troubleshoot.

This does not seem to work for me.  If I remove the path, it works.  Is
rewriting to a proxy balancer not supported or buggy in this way?

There is more context here that I am omitting, such as the fact that this is
running over SSL, but I am hopeful this is enough information that someone
can help me troubleshoot.  Does anyone have a suggestion for debugging the
request as it hits the server?  Or, is there a way to provide a request and
interactively see the rules apache uses to handle it?

Thanks,
Chris