Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Jason Wang <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/20 05:37:12 UTC

ClientWebApplicationException and ServerWebApplicationException are gone from 2.7.0?

Hi all,

I just asked the same question in a different mail thread. But it was
off-topic. So I am bringing it up as a new question.

I found my code no longer compiles with CXF 2.7.0~. It worked happily with
2.6.*.

The compiling error were:  can not resolve

org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.ClientWebApplicationException

or
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.ServerWebApplicationException

So, just wondering if anyone here knows why they are gone from 2.7.0??

They existed in the cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs-2.6.9.jar file.

Many thanks,

Jason

Re: ClientWebApplicationException and ServerWebApplicationException are gone from 2.7.0?

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
While I was joking I also got confused along the way, basically there
was no way for the 2.7.x JAX-RS client runtime to know, if it kept those
exception classes, when to throw the legacy CXF exceptions or the new
JAX-RS 2.0 ones.

It might've been why there were gone immediately in 2.7.x, as opposed to
CXF RequestHandler & ResponseHandler as well as CXF Form extension which
were/are still kept in 2.7.x but in a major release which 3.0.0.

Marking RequestHandler & ResponseHandler as @Deprecated in 2.7.x
would've led to a lot of warning noises in the code so there were only
the messages along the lines "prefer JAX-RS 2.0
ContainerRequest/ResponseFilter instead"

Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/

Blog: http://sberyozkin.blogspot.com

Re: ClientWebApplicationException and ServerWebApplicationException are gone from 2.7.0?

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason Wang <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.