Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Julius Davies <ju...@cucbc.com> on 2006/10/05 22:19:54 UTC

Re: commons-ssl update (commons-ssl-0.3.0 released)

Hi,

CUCBC confirmed to me that they sent the corporate CLA / software grant.
But CUCBC also said that they have yet to recieve a signed copy back
from Apache.

yours,

Julius

On Fri, 2006-29-09 at 23:15 +0200, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> Julius,
>
> Your individual CLA is now on file. Is there any news regarding the
> corporate CLA / software grant for commons-ssl?
>
> Oleg
>

> On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 19:48 -0700, Julius Davies wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Here's an update on commons-ssl.  Hope no one minds.
> >
> > I finally got around to setting up CVS, so I'm able to do "releases" now.  Decided to call the first release "commons-ssl-0.3.0".
> >
> > I've also added support for doing RMI over SSL:
> >
> > import org.apache.commons.ssl.RMISocketFactoryImpl;
> >
> > // RMISocketFactoryImpl tries to detect plain sockets, so you should be able
> > // to use this even in situations where not all of the RMI servers you
> > // are talking to are using SSL.
> > RMISocketFactoryImpl impl = new RMISocketFactoryImpl();
> >
> > // Here's where we tell Java to use our new RMI socket factory!
> > RMISocketFactory.setSocketFactory( impl );
> >

> > Have high hopes for lots of additional stuff in the future.  These are some ideas I'm thinking of:
> >
> > - Hope to support old style ssleay format encrypted (and plain) rsa keys.
> >
> > - Hope to support pkcs8 format rsa keys.
> >
> > - NotQuiteSoEasySSLProtocolSocketFactory will trust any server The First Time, and store that server's cert on disk for future accesses.
> >
> > - TrustMaterial's that automatically reload themselves if the underlying certificates have changed (based on timestamp).  This should make updating a running applications easier when certs come close to expiry.
> >
> > Also trying to find some people to help me out.
> >

> > yours,
> >
> > Julius
> >
> > http://juliusdavies.ca/commons-ssl/

Julius Davies
Senior Application Developer, Technology Services
Credit Union Central of British Columbia
http://www.cucbc.com/
Tel: 416-652-0183
Cel: 647-232-7571

1441 Creekside Drive