Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "Ancheta, Fred" <fr...@mavericklabel.com> on 2009/10/02 19:44:58 UTC

sendCreatePartyEmailNotification Mistake/Clarification

I was working on making custom ProductStoreEmailSettings in the Catalog and
I found that I couldn't get them to send the right email templates.  For
example, I am working on making a page where users can create new profiles,
thus calling the createCustomerProfile event in the Ecommerce application
(ecommerece/script/org/ofbiz/ecommerce/customer/CustomerEvents.xml).

The problem is, when I create a new customer profile, it does everything
perfectly until the email is called to be sent out.  The
createCustomerProfile event calls a service in the Party application called
sendCreatePartyEmailNotification
(party/script/org/ofbiz/party/party/PartyServices.xml).

Now in this code (minilang), from what I gather, it does the following:

1. Gets all the ProductStoreEmailSettings in the table who's emailType is
"PARTY_REGIS_CONFIRM".
2. Grabs the first from the list and uses it's email settings to send the
email.
3. Call the service to actually send the mail (sendMailFromScreen).

My issue is with step 2.  Why doesn't it also match the correct ProductStore
rather than just grabbing the first one on the list?  Before I make any code
changes to the Party application, I just want to verify with any developers
the reasons for designing it this way and if it will break any other
application.

Thanks in advanced.