Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Jayapal Reddy Uradi <ja...@citrix.com> on 2013/06/12 13:58:14 UTC

[Discuss][Proposal] Configurable option for egress firewall rules default policy

Hi,

The current egress firewall rule feature by default BLOCK the all the outgoing traffic if there are no user configured rules.

I am proposing configurable option for the egress firewall rules using the Network offering.
In network offering for firewall service provider, user can select egress default policy to allow/deny.

Here is bug# https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-1578

Please find below FS.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Egress+firewall+rules+-+Ability+to+change+the+default

Please provide your comments.

Thanks,
Jayapal

Re: [Discuss][Proposal] Configurable option for egress firewall rules default policy

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
+1

-Wei

Posted by Sanjeev Neelarapu <sa...@citrix.com>.
+1

Mathias Mullins <ma...@citrix.com> wrote:

VERY +1 on this feature.

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 11:58:14AM +0000, Jayapal Reddy Uradi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The current egress firewall rule feature by default BLOCK the all the outgoing traffic if there are no user configured rules.
>
> I am proposing configurable option for the egress firewall rules using the Network offering.
> In network offering for firewall service provider, user can select egress default policy to allow/deny.
>
> Here is bug# https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-1578
>
> Please find below FS.
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Egress+firewall+rules+-+Ability+to+change+the+default
>
> Please provide your comments.
>
> Thanks,
> Jayapal

+1 to this feature

RE: [Discuss][Proposal] Configurable option for egress firewall rules default policy

Posted by Mathias Mullins <ma...@citrix.com>.
VERY +1 on this feature.

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 11:58:14AM +0000, Jayapal Reddy Uradi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The current egress firewall rule feature by default BLOCK the all the outgoing traffic if there are no user configured rules.
>
> I am proposing configurable option for the egress firewall rules using the Network offering.
> In network offering for firewall service provider, user can select egress default policy to allow/deny.
>
> Here is bug# https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-1578
>
> Please find below FS.
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Egress+firewall+rules+-+Ability+to+change+the+default
>
> Please provide your comments.
>
> Thanks,
> Jayapal

+1 to this feature

Re: [Discuss][Proposal] Configurable option for egress firewall rules default policy

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 11:58:14AM +0000, Jayapal Reddy Uradi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The current egress firewall rule feature by default BLOCK the all the outgoing traffic if there are no user configured rules.
>
> I am proposing configurable option for the egress firewall rules using the Network offering.
> In network offering for firewall service provider, user can select egress default policy to allow/deny.
>
> Here is bug# https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-1578
>
> Please find below FS.
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Egress+firewall+rules+-+Ability+to+change+the+default
>
> Please provide your comments.