Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com> on 2014/05/14 03:44:53 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release-notes changes

I did some changes on the release-note, rtd.org project that are ready for
a pull request.

I've change few things and I would like your input/vote on them:

- about.rst split into multiple files, fixed and known issues are on
separate files and list in main toctree
- use of .rst variables for Versions, release, url,....
- use of [tag] on new features names
- all new features have a link to their functional Specs on the wiki, or
Jira issue. (ideally it would like to the official doc of the feature)

See online fork version: (this is not official URL)
http://cs-rn-test.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

Thanks,

Pierre-Luc Dion

Re: [DISCUSS] Release-notes changes

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.
On May 14, 2014, at 3:44 AM, Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com> wrote:

> I did some changes on the release-note, rtd.org project that are ready for
> a pull request.
>
> I've change few things and I would like your input/vote on them:
>
> - about.rst split into multiple files, fixed and known issues are on
> separate files and list in main toctree

+1

> - use of .rst variables for Versions, release, url,….

+1

> - use of [tag] on new features names

Not a big fan of this, but purely from a look perspective.
Maybe a table would work.

> - all new features have a link to their functional Specs on the wiki, or
> Jira issue. (ideally it would like to the official doc of the feature)

+1, I do think we need a sentence or two that explain the feature, the dev in charge should write those two sentences.

> See online fork version: (this is not official URL)
> http://cs-rn-test.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

Have you validated the upgrade instructions ?

Please pull the latest RN before sending your PR, I made some minor changes