Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org> on 2016/09/06 13:39:27 UTC

Re: solrcloud: How can I get the schema.xml and solrconfig.xml locate.

On 9/6/2016 12:03 AM, cuizhaohua wrote:
> My env is 3 zookeeper server, 10 node of solrcloud.   one of my collections
> with 5 shard, and each one have two cores.
>

> On web UI. I was via "core admin" unload a core .   and now ,I want add or
> reload the core  via "Add Core"
>
> name:
> instanceDir:
> dataDir:
> config:
> schema:
> collection:
> shard:
>
> how can I confirm the "  config:  "  and  " schema:   "  input field.

The CoreAdmin API should *not* be used when you're running SolrCloud.
Your cloud may now be in a delicate state, and recovery will not be
entirely straightforward.

The config and schema parameters are rarely needed for CoreAdmin.  The
minimum that you need for SolrCloud when using the CoreAdmin API is
name, collection, and shard.  These are usually the only parameters
you'll need.  However ... I must repeat what I said above:  When you are
in cloud mode, do NOT use CoreAdmin.  In cloud mode, it is an expert
option that can easily get you into a bad state.  I would even call it
an expert option when running in standalone mode.

Exactly what you will need to do right now depends on whether you asked
Solr to delete the instanceDir and/or dataDir when you unloaded the core.

If you did not ask Solr to delete the instanceDir when you unloaded the
core, you will find that core.properties has been renamed something like
core.properties.unloaded ... if you rename the file back to
core.properties and restart Solr, then the core will be back.  If there
are additional replicas in the cloud for that shard, then the core will
be brought back into sync with the rest of the cloud, and everything
will be fine.

If you DID ask Solr to delete the instanceDir, then hopefully there are
additional replicas of that shard, so you can use the ADDREPLICA action
on the Collections API to build another replica.  If the core that you
deleted was the only copy of that shard, then deleting the collection
entirely and recreating it might be your only good option for proper
operation.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Collections+API#CollectionsAPI-api_addreplica

I know a little bit about how to use CoreAdmin properly in cloud mode,
but it's best to simply avoid using it entirely, and only use the
Collections API.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: solrcloud: How can I get the schema.xml and solrconfig.xml locate.

Posted by cuizhaohua <cu...@163.com>.
Thank you for your help!

I am solve my problem with no config and shcema. It's OK now!!   : )

Thanks,
cuizhaohua