Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jeffery Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com> on 2005/08/16 03:58:05 UTC

creating a static site

I have a situation and I'm looking for someone elses input. I have created
a Turbine project which now needs to be converted into a static site
periodically... long story of why that doesn't need to be gone into at
the moment :)

Basically I need an easy way to take a Turbine project and then generate a
static version of the site via some type of automated script or crawler...

I was playing with wget but I'm not quite sure if it is the best way
to do this.

Any ideas?

--
Thank you,

Jeffery Painter
    2431 Reunion Meadows Lane
    Apex, NC 27539
    voice: 919.321.0378

- --
painter@kiasoft.com                http://jeff.kiasoft.com
PGP FP: 9CE8 83A2 33FA 32B1 0AB1  4E62 E4CB E4DA 5913 EFBC

Re: creating a static site

Posted by Jeffery Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com>.
it is working well for us. the university isn't allowing the dynamic site
to be accessed by the students, so only faculty have access currently, and
I have scripted wget to pull down the static copy every couple hours to
update the static version.

it's a cludge, but it's easier than fighting the system :)

 Jeff Painter

Re: creating a static site

Posted by Stephane Vaucher <va...@iro.umontreal.ca>.
Actually that's very cool,