Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> on 2012/08/09 00:39:45 UTC

svnpubsub and rewrite rule

I need help.

In order to provide instructions [1] to publish release documentation with
svnpubsub, I'm trying to use httpd rewrite rule instead of svn symlink, since
it should be easier to maintain.

I'm trying to write a sample rule [2] to have latest clean plugin release [3]
accessible as default [4].
But for the moment, it does not work, I get a 404.

Is there a rewrite rule master out here who could make this work?

Regards,

Hervé

[1] http://maventest.apache.org/developers/release/maven-plugin-release.html

[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1370574&view=rev

[3] http://maventest.apache.org/plugins/maven-clean-plugin-2.5/

[4] http://maventest.apache.org/plugins/maven-clean-plugin/

Re: svnpubsub and rewrite rule

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
great!
thank you Brett, it works like a charm

I added FollowSymlinks just because it was done in every example I could find:
if it's not useful, I'll remove it and check the rewrite rule still works as
expected like actually

With that in place, I think we have everything needed to switch to
svnpubsub+CMS, just need to finish importing the whole actual content and see
how we integrate precisely m-scm-publish-p (there are multiple options).

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.