Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Carl Brewer <ca...@bl.echidna.id.au> on 2003/02/21 04:27:52 UTC

mp2: any recommendations for template systems yet?

Do any of you have any recommendations for template systems with
mp2?  Not of the religious kind (!) but more on the lines
of what's working with mp2 at the moment?  I'm about to port a
PHP app to mod_perl and will be covering IPv6 traffic with it,
so (and I want to as well :) ) will have to use apache2, and thus
mp2.  I looked at Mason but their homepage seemed to make little
mention of mp2 except in the FAQ "not yet" :)

Without wishing to start anything religious ... any suggestions
for a template system that handles sessions? I'm not adverse to
HTML::Template and Apache::Session if it'll work with mp2.

thanks for your time,
Carl

Re: mp2: any recommendations for template systems yet?

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> > Without wishing to start anything religious ... any suggestions
> > for a template system that handles sessions?
>
> Apache::ASP, Embperl, and Mason all have session support integrated
> now.  I can't vouch for their stability on mp2 yet though.

Embperl works fine with Apache 2 in prefork mode (the default). A threaded
Apache 2 isn't supported yet, but should come soon

Gerald

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 16:10, Udlei Nattis wrote:
> you can use Ananke::Template
>
> is one version of template::toolkit but very very very very fast

I wouldn't really call it a version of Template Toolkit.  It's much more
like HTML::Template: a very streamlined templating tool with an
intentionally limited mini-language.  The mini-language used looks like
Template Toolkit but is functionally equivalent to HTML::Template.

Template Toolkit has many other features and a much more extensive
mini-language, which is presumably why someone would choose to use it.
Ananke::Template would be more appropriate for someone whose needs are
met by HTML::Template but who prefers the look of the TT tags.

- Perrin

Re: mp2: any recommendations for template systems yet?

Posted by Udlei Nattis <ma...@anankeit.com.br>.
you can use Ananke::Template

is one version of template::toolkit but very very very very fast

[]s

nattis

Posted by Josh Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 22:27, Carl Brewer wrote:
> Do any of you have any recommendations for template systems with
> mp2?  Not of the religious kind (!) but more on the lines
> of what's working with mp2 at the moment?

Everything that doesn't make mod_perl API calls should work without
changes.  That means HTML::Template, Template Toolkit, Text::Template,
CGI::FastTemplate, etc.

> Without wishing to start anything religious ... any suggestions
> for a template system that handles sessions?

Apache::ASP, Embperl, and Mason all have session support integrated
now.  I can't vouch for their stability on mp2 yet though.

> I'm not adverse to
> HTML::Template and Apache::Session if it'll work with mp2.

Since Apache::Session has nothing to do with mod_perl, it will work fine
on mp2, or CGI for that matter.

- Perrin