Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Dario Amiri <da...@hotmail.com> on 2016/12/06 02:49:28 UTC

Conflicting versions of org.ow2.asm/asm-all

I'm seeing errors like this when starting 4.1.0-SNAPSHOT

2016-12-05T18:23:57,843 | ERROR | FelixStartLevel  |
Felix                            |  -  -  | Bundle org.objectweb.asm.all
[54] Error locking mvn:org.ow2.asm/asm-all/6.0_ALPHA
(java.lang.IllegalStateException: Bundle in unexpected state.)
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Bundle in unexpected state.
     at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.acquireBundleLock(Felix.java:5272) [?:?]
     at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setBundleStartLevel(Felix.java:1524) [?:?]
     at
org.apache.felix.framework.FrameworkStartLevelImpl.run(FrameworkStartLevelImpl.java:338)
[?:?]
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:?]
2016-12-05T18:23:57,844 | INFO  | CM Configuration Updater
(ManagedService Update: pid=[org.apache.cxf.osgi]) |
TldScanner                       | 189 - org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-jsp -
4.4.0 | found TLD bundle://189.0:0/META-INF/c.tld
2016-12-05T18:23:57,841 | ERROR | FelixDispatchQueue |
all                              | 184 - org.objectweb.asm.all - 5.0.2 |
FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.objectweb.asm.all
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Bundle in unexpected state.
     at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.acquireBundleLock(Felix.java:5272) [?:?]
     at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setBundleStartLevel(Felix.java:1524) [?:?]
     at
org.apache.felix.framework.FrameworkStartLevelImpl.run(FrameworkStartLevelImpl.java:338)
[?:?]
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:?]

Digging around a bit I can see that there are conflicting versions of
org.ow2.asm/asm-all between the aries-blueprint feature version
4.1.0-SNAPSHOT, which brings in aries-proxy which requires
org.ow2.asm/asm-all/6.0_ALPHA, and pax-http feature version 4.4.0, which
brings in pax-http-jetty which requires org.ow2.asm/asm-all/5.0.2. I'm
not sure if this is what is causing the error in the logs.

One other thing worth noting is that my bundle list only shows
org.ow2.asm/asm-all/5.0.2 loaded but org.ow2.asm/asm-all/6.0_ALPHA is in
the system directory of the container and I am perfectly able to load it
manually after the container loads. I would welcome any input on how to
resolve this issue.

Re: Conflicting versions of org.ow2.asm/asm-all

Posted by Dario Amiri <da...@hotmail.com>.
Is there a way to turn on this flag when using the boot features?

On 12/06/2016 12:21 PM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
You can use the --verbose flag when installing features.
The actions performed should also be logged in the usual log file.

Yes, I can reproduce it consistently. I believe all that is necessary to reproduce the issue is to install features aries-annotation/4.1.0-SNAPSHOT and pax-http/4.4.0 back to back. I am not doing anything more special than that.

Is there additional logging I can turn on to get more insight into this issue?

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 11:41 PM -0800, "Guillaume Nodet" <gn...@apache.org>> wrote:

It's perfectly legal (and supported) to deploy a bundle in two different versions.
In this case, I think the bundle has been uninstalled while waiting for the lock to start it, which could explain the exception you see.
If the problem is reproductible, could you explain the steps ?

4.4.0 | found TLD bundle://189.0:0/META-INF/c.tl<http://c.tl>d

brings in pax-http-jetty which requires org.ow2.asm/asm-all/5.0.2.<http://5.0.2.> I'm

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Email: gnodet@redhat.com<ma...@redhat.com>
Web: http://fusesource.com<http://fusesource.com/>
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Dario Amiri <da...@hotmail.com>.
Indeed. I created a ticket already.

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 11:36 PM -0800, "Jean-Baptiste Onofré" <jb...@nanthrax.net>> wrote:

Hi,

he can request by its own (you can create an user on Jira directly).

Regards
JB

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Conflicting versions of org.ow2.asm/asm-all

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.