Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Peter Samuelson <pe...@p12n.org> on 2012/10/19 00:45:28 UTC

Fwd: subversion: grammar and spelling errors in Polish translation

Arfrever, Jaroslaw, Karol: you have been involved in po: pl translation
for Subversion.  Can you look at Jakub's report here and fix whatever
needs to be fixed?  (This is a fwd from http://bugs.debian.org/690815 .)

Thanks,
Peter

[Jakub Wilk]

Re: subversion: grammar and spelling errors in Polish translation

Posted by Karol Szkudlarek <ka...@mikronika.com.pl>.
Hello,

msgstr "--- Łączenie zmian nastąpiłych pomiędzy URL-ami repozytorium do
'%s':\n"

I agree with Jakub it should be fixed  to more proper form in Polish
language like :

"Łączenie zmian nastąpiło pomiędzy URL-ami repozytorium do '%s':\n"

Regards,
Karol Szkudlarek

Posted by Jakub Wilk <jw...@debian.org>.

--
Jakub Wilk

Re: Fwd: subversion: grammar and spelling errors in Polish translation

Posted by Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <ar...@gmail.com>.
2012-10-19 00:45:28 Peter Samuelson napisał(a):
> Arfrever, Jaroslaw, Karol: you have been involved in po: pl translation
> for Subversion.  Can you look at Jakub's report here and fix whatever
> needs to be fixed?  (This is a fwd from http://bugs.debian.org/690815 .)
>
> Thanks,
> Peter
>
> [Jakub Wilk]
> > po/pl.po has this message:
> >
> > msgstr "--- Łączenie zmian nastąpiłych pomiędzy URL-ami repozytorium do '%s':\n"
> >
> > "nastąpiłych" is a glaring (and quite hilarious) grammar error. It
> > should be s/ nastąpiłych/, które nastąpiły/ (in this and other
> > messages), though I didn't check if such a change will eliminate all
> > grammar oddities.

"nastąpiłych" is genitive plural of past active adjectival participle (imiesłów przymiotnikowy przeszły czynny) of verb "nastąpić".
Examples of this participle:
  Verb "być": były, byłego, byłemu etc.
  Verb "powstać": powstały, powstałego, powstałemu etc.
  Verb "umrzeć": umarły, umarłego, umarłemu etc.

> > I spotted also quite a few typos: "kolumnia", "semefora", "mozna",
> > "reporytorium", "Nieudało", "Niepowiodło", "wewnątrzne",
> > "bezwględną", "Błądny", "zatwiedzeń", "śieżka", "bywymusić".

I have fixed these typos in r1399956.

--
Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis