Posted to users@camel.apache.org by scope_creep <sc...@hotmail.com> on 2010/01/02 20:36:22 UTC

Apache Camel Usage with .Net

Bob.

I'm a newbie on the Apache stack, so bear with me, although i've used the
webserver for donkeys.
I'm really interested in ApAche camel for its primary purpose which is
routing. I have a .Net assembly, which with a MSMQ messaging interface on
it. Primary purpose is to route messages between Solaris, Aix, Linux, Cisco,
BSD, etc with main message processing done on windows, with message routing
between

Q1 Does Apache Camel standalone, or would I need ActiveMQ broker as well.
Q2. Is their a standard security model for messaging.

Any other advice would be helpful.

scope_creep

Re: Apache Camel Usage with .Net

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 8:36 PM, scope_creep <sc...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Bob.
>
> I'm a newbie on the Apache stack, so bear with me, although i've used the
> webserver for donkeys.
> I'm really interested in ApAche camel for its primary purpose which is
> routing. I have a .Net assembly, which with a MSMQ messaging interface on
> it. Primary purpose is to route messages between Solaris, Aix, Linux, Cisco,
> BSD, etc with main message processing done on windows, with message routing
> between
>
> Q1 Does Apache Camel standalone, or would I need ActiveMQ broker as well.
> Q2. Is their a standard security model for messaging.
>
> Any other advice would be helpful.

We used to have a camel-msmq component at FuseSource.
It is shipped with FUSE MR 1.x (aka Camel 1.x). However we have
discontinued this component and its @deprecated and not part of FUSE
MR 2.x (Camel 2.x).

However you can find the source code at
http://fusesource.com/forge/svn/fuseeip/branches/camel-1.x-fuse/components/camel-msmq/

And maybe use that code to build you own component to use.
It runs only on Windows and AFAIR you need to have some MSMQ .dll
installed on the machine you run it from.

There is a README.txt file and the documentation is still located at:
http://camel.apache.org/msmq

> scope_creep

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: Apache Camel Usage with .Net

Posted by Martin Gilday <ma...@imap.cc>.
I recently had a project that required integration with MSMQ.  In the
end we found it easier to use C# to write a bridge that relayed all the
messages from MSMQ on to ActiveMQ which we then used Camel with.  You
can publish to ActiveMQ from C# really easily with Apache NMS and
Spring.NET.

Posted by Stephen Gargan <st...@gmail.com>.
Bob,