Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@symas.com> on 2014/12/31 19:55:51 UTC

Installers, and transition from 2014 to 2015...

Hi guys,

I'm reviewing the installers, and I will most certainly come with some
changes. One of those change is a rename of one file (wrapper.conf)
which is installed twice - one is used by the wrapper, and the other is
used by each instance, if one want to override the standard wrapper.conf
file). This is confusing, so I'll rename the second file to
wrapper-instance.conf.

Otherwise, in the near future, I think we should switch to something
more up to dat that the Tanuki wrapper 3.2.3 we are using. I'm studying
YAJSW, which uses quite the same config that Taniky wrapper, but support
Windows 64 bits *and* is AL 2.0 (at kleast in the coming 12.00 version
[http://yajsw.sourceforge.net/#mozTocId941686]

I think we can call it a year... We are slowly switching to 2015 (our
eastern friends in China and India are already in 2015), and I must say
I'm quite please by teh way the project is moving those last few months :
- we have voted two new committers, with Shawn and Colm
- we also have voted two new sub-prohjects : Fortress and Haox
- We also have one new PMC member : Lucas

A lot of releases have been cut :
- ApacheDS 2.0-M16, 2.0.0-M17, 2.0.0-M18 and 2.0.0-M19
- Apache LDAP API 1.0.0-M21, 1.0.0-M22, 1.0.0-M23, 1.0.0-M24, 1.0.0-M25,
1.0.0-M26 and 1.0.0-M27
- Mavibot 1.0.0-M4, 1.0.0-M5 and 1.0.0-M6

We can just expect to have a release of Studio soon next year, and
Stefan and me are working on it.

Overall, a very busy year, and a bright new year is coming !

I wish all of you a Happy New Year !

Emmanuel Lécharny

Re: Installers, and transition from 2014 to 2015...

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Happy New Year.

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*