Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org> on 2013/01/16 20:18:06 UTC

testRegionShouldNotBeDeployed failing

I can see that testRegionShouldNotBeDeployed is failing on the last
builds, and I'm facing the same locally.

Should a JIRA be opened for that?

JM

Re: testRegionShouldNotBeDeployed failing

Posted by Jimmy Xiang <jx...@cloudera.com>.
Cool, thanks!

Jimmy

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Jimmy,

Posted by Jimmy Xiang <jx...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
So. I fixed the memory issue. But test is still failing (So are others also).

I ran this command:
mvn clean test -PrunAllTests -Dsurefire.secondPartThreadCount=12
-Dtest.build.data.basedirectory=/tmp

And got those tests failed:

Failed tests:
testDeleteExpiredStoreFiles(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestStore):
expected:<2> but was:<4>
  testAcquireTaskAtStartup(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestSplitLogWorker):
Waiting timed out after [1 000] msec
  testRegionShouldNotBeDeployed(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.TestHBaseFsck):
expected:<[SHOULD_NOT_BE_DEPLOYED]> but was:<[]>
  testPermissionsWatcher(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.access.TestZKPermissionsWatcher)

Tests in error:
  testRegionServerSessionExpired(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TestZooKeeper):
Reset scanner
  testMasterZKSessionRecoveryFailure(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TestZooKeeper):
test timed out after 20000 milliseconds
  testMinorCompaction(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestCompactionState):
test timed out after 60000 milliseconds
  testMinorCompactionOnFamily(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestCompactionState):
test timed out after 60000 milliseconds

I will continue to run the tests again and again to make sure it's
always failing the same way, and re-open the defect if required.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Jimmy,

The test is failling again, but it's of OOM... I will see if I can
increase the memory with mvn parameters. I have 32GBs in this
computer, so it's not because of a physical limitation...

JM

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Jimmy,

Posted by Jimmy Xiang <jx...@cloudera.com>.