Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Eric L. Wittle" <er...@wittle.net> on 2004/07/17 20:27:39 UTC

Proposed enhancement to Jetspeed 1 maven plugin

I asked earlier whether there was a way to have the plugin remove files
from the Jetspeed distribution rather than just add/modify them.  The
answer was that there is not, but that might be a good idea.

I have a working prototype for this that adds the following property:

maven.delete.files

to the project.properties file in the custom portal root folder. This
property takes a comma separated list of files and removes them from the
stage directory after the distribution is unzipped/unwarred and before
the stage is copied to the target. This is a little more kludgy than I'd
hoped, since if you want to delete a lot of files, the property value
gets exceedingly long.

My only other thought on how this would work would be to use the form:

maven.delete.file.1=<filename>
maven.delete.file.2=<filename>

If someone has examples of how to do this in Jelly that they can send
me, I'll modify my approach. If people still think this is useful, let
me know how to submit it. Should I create a JIRA incident and attach the
plugin.jelly file to it?

-Eric
 ericw at wittle.net